No matter how major or minor the surgery, the team at Lakes Veterinary & Surgical Center team approaches it with the same meticulous precision and attention to detail. In every case we take rigorous precautions to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety. With Lakes Veterinary & Surgical Center, your pet is in the hands of proven professionals using advanced surgical, monitoring and pain management procedures. Some unique services we offer:
In House Surgery: performed by surgeon/owner Dr. Pete Lukasik vs. sub-contracting to an outside contract surgeon.
Meticulous Pain Management: based on Dr. Pete’s own personal experiences with a painful recovery. Dr. Pete utilizes pain medication before, during and after his surgeries, which include Nerve Blocks for most invasive surgeries.
Laser Surgery: The laser reduces bleeding and bruising with the end result being a faster, less stressful and less painful recovery from surgery.
Electronic Monitoring: Our electronic monitoring includes ECG, oxygen levels, heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature-similar to that used in human hospitals.
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) where growth cells are harvested from the pet’s own blood to speed healing.
Therapeutic Laser to provide a deep-penetrating light that allows relief of pain by releasing endorphins and stimulation cells to heal faster.
Surgery procedures performed on site by surgeon/owner Dr. Pete Lukasik:
- Bone Fracture Repair
- Spays & Neuters
- Caesarian Sections & Pyometra (removal of an infected uterus)
- Dental assessment, x-rays, cleaning
- Oral surgery to address diseased gums, teeth, roots and abscess
- Deep ear videoscope and debris removal to resolve reoccurring ear infections
- Eyelid Reconstruction
- Eyelid tumor removal
- Eye removal (usually a result of an injury or tumor)
- Laceration & Wound Repair
- Removal of objects obstructing the stomach or intestines
- Intestinal Exploratory Surgery and/or Resection
- Removal of external and internal masses
- Removal of stones and masses from the bladder
- Splenectomy (usually a result of cancer)
- Soft Pallet & Stenotic Nares repair (to open airways)
- TTA (Tibial Tuberosity Advancement) – ACL Repair